Tuesday, June 28, 2011


So far, we are adjusting to our new family of three pretty well. The first two weeks, the only places that I left the house for/took Emmy were to my mom's house (the third night we brought her home) and the doctor's office (both hers and mine). We were not planning on taking her to church until after she was two weeks old, but since Father's day was the Sunday before her two week mark, I decided we could go early. We got to church a little late, and I kept her strapped in her car seat the whole service. After church she stayed in her seat, and I tried not to let anyone touch her hands. I had new mom syndrome, and I was sure that if they touched her hands, she would put them in her mouth and get sick.

Her two day check-up after leaving the hospital.

At her two week check-up. She had to get shots!

After that, I slowly started taking her other places. We went to Wal-Mart late at night, the mall after a doctor's appointment, and to church again the next Sunday. When she was three weeks old, we took her to Cedar Park. I was really nervous about taking her in the car for that long of a trip. Since she was not drinking a bottle at that point, I did not want our trip to get in the way of her getting to eat at the appropriate times. We were still having to take her to the doctor weekly since she was not up to birth weight, so I knew that skipping feedings was not in her best interest. I was also apprehensive about packing her stuff to be gone that long. Would I forget something that she vitally needed? I just had a bad feeling about the whole trip and almost told Brad that I did not want to go. I knew that we needed to go see everyone though so I just had to make myself get over it. She slept the whole way there, and I fed her as soon as we got to Brad's grandma's house so all was well. Below is a picture of her all snuggled up in the car. Brad had it FREEZING on the way there!

Since then, we have settled into a nice routine. I try to keep her up at night until around 11:30 or 12:00. Then she will only wake up once around 3:30 or 4:00 to eat. If I put her to bed any earlier, she wakes up twice to eat, and it is really hard for me to go back to sleep. Her doctor's appointments have been going well. As soon as she gets up to birth weight, we won't have to go back weekly anymore. All is well thus far, and I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment