Monday, June 10, 2013

Emmarie's 2nd Birthday- Tutus & Ties {The Details}

When I was trying to decide what we would do for Emmarie's 2nd birthday, I searched far and wide (mostly on Pinterest) for the perfect theme.  Somewhere along the way as I traveled the world wide web, I stumbled upon a little girls 2nd birthday where the theme was tutus and ties.  It. was. adorable.

I immediately pinned it, and knew this is what we would do for Emmy's birthday.  I think this was in October. (It's sad)

So I began trying to think of some fun party decorations that I could begin working on.  I like to do crafty things, so when it's possible and economical, I like to make rather than buy her decorations.

We went with aqua, hot pink, and light pink for the colors.

I painted the sign that hung above the cake table.  I got some white roll paper and took it to the school.  There I made a design on the computer and traced the letters.  I could have free handed it, but it was so much quicker just to trace. AND it meant that I could use my new favorite font.

IMG_0187

The poms were some that my cousin, Rae, made for her baby shower. They have been hanging in her room since then, and I thought it would be sweet to bring them out for another party.

IMG_0234

On the wall above the tutu table, I hung pictures of her from each month this year.  I think it is fun to be able to display some of the pictures in real life (not just on facebook). (The the 1st picture is from her 1 year photo session and the christmas pictures was one that was taken during our christmas photoshoot with Butterfly Chaser Photography.)

IMG_0017

Here is a picture of the cake table.

IMG_0053

Here is a picture of the tutu (and ties) table.

IMG_0062
We also had lots of great food.

IMG_0055

IMG_0047

IMG_0046

And last but not least, here are pictures of the cake.  Raeassia did a great job (as usual) of creating a perfect cake to compliment our theme.  I sent her several pictures of cakes that I had found on Pinterest and she combined them to create this piece of perfection.

IMG_0100

IMG_0098

IMG_0120



It was pretty on the inside too!

IMG_0279

Some of the details from the cake after we cut it.

IMG_0280

I also made personalized water bottles again.

O

Okay now that all of the details are out of the way, we can get started on the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment