It's been a while since I updated the blog with Emmy's progress. It may have been October when I last posted. I just can't be sure. (It was. I checked)
Here is what is going on in the wonderful world of Emmy:
- She is still extremely stubborn and independent. You cannot tell her what to do.
- She loves drinking "spite."
- She is still "trying" to potty train. We do a great job in the morning and at night, but during the day, queen Emmarie cannot be bothered with something as menial as going to the restroom. It's a work in progress people. I want to yell/scream and force her, but she is stubborn. I know that if I do that, she will still be in diapers in middle school. And frankly my dear, I just can't afford that kind of therapy.
- She still loves her babies, but she has a whole horde of Minnie and Mickey dolls that she totes around everywhere. We argue every morning before leaving for school because she thinks that she needs to take those dolls with us EVERYWHERE.
- She is getting a little taller and slimmer. She can still wear her 18 month jeans and sweat pants, but they are becoming high waters. She wears 2T clothes, but when I buy new stuff, I have been buying 3T so they will fit longer.
- She adores giving hugs and kisses.
- Nana is still one of her favorite people. The rest of are in the running for a close tie for second place.
- She would watch Disney Jr all day long if I let her.
- She can identify all of her letters by sight, but she still gets confused sometimes when she is doing "K", "U", and "Y"
- She LOVES to sing "Jingle Bells." She knows the whole song, and even though it is already February, she is still singing it.
- Tangled was our favorite movie from mid-November to late January. She loves Rapunzel, and both of us know most of the words to our new favorite song, "Mother Knows Best." It is not out of character for us to sing it in the car, in the kitchen, or as we get ready in the morning. She now is binge viewing The Little Mermaid, and I AM LOVING IT. It's my favorite, so I feel like it's making us closer. ;)
- She saw Frozen twice in theaters and that was all it took for her to be hooked. Watch out because I know what we will be watching non-stop as soon as it comes out in late March.
I did keep up with her monthly photos...for the most part. We missed November, but since we were at Disney that week, I feel like we could just use one of the thousands (literally) of photos that I took that week.
These are from month 29! I love how she looks like such a big girl at Disney.
In December she was officially 2 and a half. It's a little bittersweet for this Mommy.
January brought month 31. It might be getting a little crazy to count by months. I should go on record and say that I just tell people she is two or two and a half. I am not the crazy mom that tells people, "Oh she's 31 months now!"