Sunday, March 2, 2014

Chalk Paint Class

While at Junk Hippy, I found out about a chalk paint class that happens in my area.  I have looked into these classes in the past, but they were quite out of my price range.  This class was very affordable, and it was very close to home.  I was EXCITED.  I immediately signed up, and I found a friend that wanted to go as well.

At the roadshow, I bought two end tables for my bedroom that I wanted to redo.  I had planned on taking one of them to the class, but I decided I better take something else to start off with.  I went out to my garage and found a chair that I bought for photography sessions.  It was small enough to accomplish in a short time, and I knew it would be perfect.

The class was amazing.  They showed you step by step how to refinish your piece, and the instructors came by every few minutes to see if you had questions and to offer specific technique advise.

It took about an hour and a half from start to finish to get this piece done.  I am super happy about how it turned out, and I can't wait to get started on refinishing some other pieces that I recently bought!

The beginning.

Untitled

We both chose Santa Fe Turquoise for our paint color.

Untitled

The first few strokes are the scariest for me.  There's no turning back.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Waiting on the first coat to dry.

Untitled

Untitled

I was scared to sand at first.

Untitled

After a little prodding, I finally got a little more liberal with the sand paper.

Untitled

The Ashleys with their finished pieces.
Untitled

It passed inspection at home too!

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment