Monday, November 24, 2014

My 28th Birthday

My birthday started off in a very promising nature, but it took a nose-dive early on.  I got to work and before I could finish with my second class, the daycare called and said that Emmy was sick.  I finished my class and went to pick her up.  After a quick trip home for medicine, I went to Mom's house to eat the lunch that we had planned. 

My cousin, Kayela, saved the day and stayed with Emmy.  I had already planned to leave school by 3:00 so that I could make it to my doctor's appointment.  By the time I got there to pick her up, I was already starting to sneeze and run fever as well.

We got to the doctor's office, and the appointment went well.  My family was meeting us in Rosenberg to have dinner, so we decided to brave it.  Emmarie and I were both feeling shaky and not at our best, but we did our best to enjoy our dinner.

I really do have a great family!

2014-12-28_0069

Notice the sleepy eyes on grumpy gills in the following photo.

2014-12-28_0070

There were lots of presents and singing involved as well.

2014-12-28_0071

2014-12-28_0072

2014-12-28_0073

Even though it wasn't the dream day that I had imagined, it was still a great day.  I was surrounded by the people I love and they made me feel very special.  What more could a girl ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment