Friday, January 21, 2011

Gender

Brad and I went to the doctor on January 21, 2011 to find out the sex of the baby. To say that I was ready and excited about finding out would be like calling the Superbowl a little football game. I had restrained myself up until that point, and I had not really bought the baby anything. I did not want to spend a bunch of money on neutrals when I could bide my time and get what I really wanted. I knew that I wanted to tell our family in a special way so I had made previous arrangements with the Screen Stop in El Campo to have t-shirts made right after our appointment. As soon as we left our appointment, I would need to call them so they could print the shirts. I gave them two designs so that we would be prepared either way. They would then print the shirts and put them in a sealed box. Then my sister would come and pick up the shirts for us since they would be closed by the time we got back to EC.

I was so anxious as the ultrasound technician started looking at the baby. I wasn't sure when she would look at the sex of the baby. She looked at the head first since the baby was in a good position for those measurements. Then she finally looked at the sex. When she said it was a girl, I was shocked! I wanted a girl so bad, but I just knew that it was going to be a boy. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved a little boy too, but I WANTED A GIRL! I felt my eyes start to fill up, and I looked over at Brad. I asked if he was disappointed that we weren't having a boy and he said, "No Way!" He is so sweet! Here is a picture of our little girl's face. Brad agreed to take me for a short shopping expedition after we found out. It was only fair since I had been such a good sport about not wasting money thus far!


Next, we called my family and told them to meet us at Casa Hernandez for dinner. Wendy and Jason had made a trip down to EC as well so they met us at the restaurant. We had our t-shirts on underneath our coats (it was cold outside). We ordered our food, and then we pulled of our jackets and said, "It's a girl!!" Everyone was really excited, and the whole restaurant started to clap. It was a sweet moment. Brad was on the phone calling his family while they took our picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment