Sunday, June 10, 2012

Emmarie's 1st Birthday Party {Details}

This party was a labor of love.  Heavy emphasis on the word labor.  From the time she was about 4 months, I knew that she was going to have a Rainbow birthday party.  I saw several rainbow parties on blogs like Chickabug and Hostess With the Mostess, and I thought it was the funnest "non themey" idea for a 1st birthday.  It's not that I am not a fan of Mickey Mouse and Dora the Explorer, but Emmarie wasn't really a fan yet.  And, let's be honest, a lot of those party kits aren't really that cute.

I wanted a fun party with the kind of style and panache that would do both Emmarie and (my new love) Pinterest proud.  So 150 pins later, Emmy's party was born.  We had such a good time.  Rather write it all down in a chunk, I will attempt to recreate the scene through pictures and add words where needed.

We had lots of signs and decorations.

This is a picture that I took of her each of her first twelve months.

banner copy

I also had a wall of her weekly photos.  This was a massive undertaking that took dedication and motivation on my part, but it is so worth it to have a picture of my little girl from every week of her first year.  She changed so quickly, and now I can see those changes frozen forever.

IMG_2119

IMG_2118

IMG_2148

Her cake table was a little wild.


IMG_2130a

I absolutely loved Emmy's cake.  It was amazingly constructed and decorated beautifully.  Raeassia did a fantastic job on it!

IMG_2095

IMG_2199

IMG_2201

There were also a few other decorative items that were Pinterest inspired.


IMG_2106

IMG_2088

IMG_2084

IMG_2093

IMG_2116

IMG_2136

I think this party will probably take me at least three posts to fully write up so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment