Monday, July 21, 2014

Gulf Shores Vacation 2014 {Emmy's Photoshoot}

We did not get a photo shoot appointment for Emmy's three year photos. In the hustle and bustle and I never located a new photographer that I liked and wasn't thousands of dollars. So I decided to use the great locale that we had right outside of our front door--at the beach house-- and take a few photos. I had my new lens with me, and I must say that I am not disappointed with it. I can't use it with big groups, but one-on-one it is perfection.

 I wanted to be able to do a couple of different outfits, but I knew that the golden hour light at the beach was fleeting at best, so we took photos several nights while we were there.  Since dressing a three year old is pretty simple, it worked out wonderfully.

Her first outfit was a gift from Brad's grandmother.  I think it looks like something a house wife from another era would have worn when going out to play bridge with the ladies or something.  I love it!  You will notice that there is a pink dolphin bracelet gracing her wrist.  That was her prize for a job well done during family photos, and she "did not wish" to take it off.

IMG_0647

IMG_0654

IMG_0663

IMG_0678

She likes to pose, but she is silly sometimes too.

IMG_0691

IMG_0707

IMG_0710

IMG_0715

The sun was still a little harsh by the dunes, but she wanted a picture by the fence.  It should be apparent right now that two people think they are in charge at my house.  I am not currently sure if it is Emmy or myself that is delusional.

IMG_0731

IMG_0741

IMG_0760

IMG_0768

IMG_0773

When she sat down in the dirt, the Mom in me mind shouted, "THAT'S A BRAND NEW DRESS!!" But the photographer in me said, "It'll wash, and it's pretty cute."  We went with it.

IMG_0832

IMG_0852

IMG_0859

IMG_0862

IMG_0872

The next day, she wanted to wear the coral dress that Nana bought for her.  I think the way this color pops on the beach might be my favorite.

IMG_0961

IMG_0962

IMG_0967

I love the color pops from the beach houses in the background.

IMG_0970

IMG_0972

IMG_0974

She's got her daddy's big blue eyes.

IMG_0979

IMG_0994

IMG_0997

IMG_1002

IMG_1008

IMG_1013

She took more photos, but I think I have reached the max that any one post should have (probably passed it around 20 photos ago).  Thanks for sticking around to the end if you are reading this.  You're a good sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment