Sunday, September 28, 2014

10 Year High School Reunion

Let me set the scene for you.  It's 2004.  "In da Club" by 50 is blaring on the radio of my best friend's car while we drive around.  As the tag line plays, we all whisper-shout the rest of the line.  We talk about college and our fears about having to move.

Fast forward TEN years...I know.  T-E-N years.  How could I have been out of high school that long?  Instead of this post waxing on about how time flies and other miscellaneous nostalgia, let's veer in another direction.

Our class reunion was held in El Campo the same night as my Dad's 50th birthday party, so we were a little late getting there.

The three musketeers reunited again.

2014-12-28_0032

Some of the other people from our close circle were there too.

2014-12-28_0033

We hung out and laughed, and we talked about where all our lives had taken us in the past years.  Of course there were some stories that we already knew--thanks Facebook. 

2014-12-28_0034

2014-12-28_0035


All in all, it was a great night with minimal awkwardness.   I think I fared way better than Romy or Michele, so I guess that's a victory.  Thanks for the great night class of 2004.  I'll see you again at our 15 in a few years.  Hopefully I will have some stories to tell that don't revolve around my three year old, but if that's all I have, I guess I'm living a happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment