Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter 2015

This Easter was kind of special because we are finally getting to the point where Emmy understands the concept of holidays and their special meaning.  We read books about Easter and we had a talk about how this is a special day for Jesus.  I'm saying she really understood all of the intricacies, but our level of comprehension was light years ahead of previous years.

We started off the morning with some photos of the princess in her Easter dress.  This was followed by a small freak out on my part when my CF card malfunctioned and I lost everything.  Luckily we were up early so I popped a new card into my camera and did my best to recreate everything that we had done.

Look at my sweet girl with Teddy.  They are best friends and pretty much inseparable.

IMG_9184

I thought that she would wear her pretty church shoes, but of course my sweet little girl insisted on wearing her cowboy boots.  They have been in every major photograph that we have taken for almost two years.  At least we got our money's worth out of them I guess.

IMG_9188

IMG_9201

Our flowers just happened to bloom the day before Easter, so she needed a picture with the "pretty flowers."

IMG_9212

My sweet baby girl and I

IMG_9220

IMG_9221

Our big group after church

IMG_9236

Our family of three is becoming four!

IMG_9237

IMG_9241

IMG_9243

IMG_9244

IMG_9245

After church we went to Mom's house for lunch.  It was AMAZING!

IMG_9256

IMG_9257

IMG_9258

IMG_9259

IMG_9260

IMG_9261

Later Emmy had the opportunity to search for Easter eggs.  It was quite a sight to see 12-15 adults following this little girl around the yard as she looks for the eggs.

IMG_9264

IMG_9267

IMG_9275

IMG_9300

IMG_9308


It was a beautiful day spent with family, friends, and our church.  May we always remember that this holiday is not about food, bunnies, or eggs.  It is about the fact that HE IS RISEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment