Monday, June 1, 2009

Fogo de Chao

On May 30, 2009, Brad and I went to a graduation party for Jayci at a restaurant called Fogo de Chao in Downtown Houston. This place was AWESOME! It is a Brazilian restaurant so I wasn't sure what to expect, but the food was incredible. After you are seated, the waiter explains the "rules" of the restaurant to you party. There is a salad bar that you can go and graze at to your heart's content....and then there is the meat... but first you need to know the rules. You have a card that has a red side and a green side. When the card is on the red side that means, "No meat for me right now." BUT when you flip it to the green side the waiters circle the restaurant bringing these slabs of different cuts of meat (Parmesan pork tenderloin, bacon wrapped fillet Mignon, lamb, prime sirloin, rib eye, pork ribs, bacon wrapped chicken, and pork sausages) and if they see that your card is on green they will ask you if you want some of whatever they are carrying...then they just cut some off onto your plate. The way that I am describing it makes it sound kind of gross, but it is a very elegant and fun atmosphere. Best of all, after you have stuffed yourself to the brim with all of these delicious foods, they come by and ask for your dessert order!! These I am unable to describe in words, but they were truly decadent! Jayci was gorgeous as usual, and a lot of her friends and family showed up to celebrate with her! Brad and I had a great time, and I took some pictures for you all to see! I think that we may take my dad there for Father's Day...need to check on reservations! Anyway...


CONGRATULATIONS JAYCI!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment