Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

This year's Mother's Day was a little unusual.  In our back yard, there was a tree that was slowly falling down, and as it disintegrated, it dropped huge branches.  My biggest fear was that one of them was going to fall down and hurt someone when we were in the back yard (since we spend so much time there...haha). 

Untitled

So, after church on Mother's Day, we headed to Lowe's to buy some supplies.  We bought an electric tree pruner, a new ceiling fan, and an axe.  We also called my dad and borrowed his chainsaw.

I started trimming some limbs from other trees in our backyard that were getting close to the power lines (don't worry, we were careful).  While I was doing this, Bradley started the hard work.

Untitled

Untitled

I don't want to sound like the epitome of an anti-feminist, but there is just something amazing about a guy who will chop down a tree for you all by himself. :)

Untitled

It took ALL afternoon. It looked like that tree was being held up by a toothpick.  But finally, oh finally, it fell.

Untitled

Untitled

After getting it all cleaned up, our yard was ready for a surprise for our little lady.  But that's a post all in itself.   It was a wonderful mother's day, and I thank God everyday for the sweet, sassy, and beautiful hellion that made me into a Mommy.

emmarieminishoot028

No comments:

Post a Comment