Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Cutest Little Cupcake!


IMG_8091

Let me start this post by saying that this baby girl is really special to me.  Marlee Addison is the daughter of one my best friends/cousins.  Wendy and I have been super-sister-close since we were born.  She is three months older than me, and we were always inseparable...until she moved away our freshman year of high school.  Despite the distance, we stayed close and we try to spend as much time together as we can.  When we can't, we spend hours on the phone.  When Wendy was pregnant, my biggest (selfish) wish was that she would have a little girl as well so that they could be close like we were.  Well my wish came true!

Marlee's party was cupcake themed, and it was adorable.  She used all of the bright versions of the pastels, and she had lots of little personal touches sprinkled (haha) in around the house.

IMG_8106

IMG_8104

IMG_8103

IMG_8105

IMG_8111

IMG_8107

IMG_8115

IMG_8094

Marlee's cake was one of my favorite decorations.  Her aunt and uncle bought her cake, and I think they did a really good job picking it out.

IMG_8110

Marlee was an angel during her cake smash.  She ate the cake, offered to share with others, and didn't melt down even once. 

IMG_8175

IMG_8200

IMG_8211

IMG_8215

IMG_8221

IMG_8235

IMG_8246

IMG_8253

After she was done with her cake, we took the little kids outside to join the big kids for water fun.

IMG_8260

Mikayla really enjoyed the slide.

IMG_8267

Emmy liked the pool, but Marlee enjoyed drinking the water.

IMG_8273

Joey & Michael did canon balls in the big kid pool.

IMG_8296

After Marlee had enjoyed the pool long enough, we went back inside to open presents.  We bought Marlee a couple of outfits and a pair of matching shoes, but I had to buy her a fun gift too. We got her a Minnie Mouse stuffed animal that matches Emmy's.  I think she liked it!

IMG_8326

We ran outside to snap a family pic before Marlee could fall asleep.

IMG_8346

IMG_8356

Emmy enjoyed hanging out with Joe.

IMG_8357

Happy 1st Birthday Marlee!  We sure do love you girly! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment