Sunday, April 27, 2014

Easter Sunday

Easter is a special holiday for our family.  Not special in a "we celebrate in a big way," but it is special because we reflect on everything that Christ did for us.  Growing up, we did not really celebrate the way everyone else did.  We didn't hunt eggs and the Easter Bunny didn't visit our house.  I am okay with that.  I don't think I was deprived, and I don't know that I really missed out on anything.

We have decided to do things slightly different with Emmy.  We still focus on the reason for the holiday--Jesus Christ--but we are letting her participate in some of the other fun.  She knows the Easter Bunny isn't real, but she gets to join in on some of the fun things that other people do like hunting eggs.

And this girl can hunt some eggs.  BUT...I am getting ahead of myself.

First we went to church.

IMG_5016

IMG_5027

IMG_5030

IMG_5031

IMG_5032

IMG_5044

IMG_5053

IMG_5057

IMG_5068
Then we went to Mom's house for lunch because we live in a small town and most of the resturants were closed for the holiday...as it should be.  The food was delicious.

2014-05-11_0003

Then it was finally time for the main event--the Easter egg hunt.  She had so much fun.  There were so  many eggs that she needed several baskets to collect them all.

IMG_5074

IMG_5105

IMG_5120

IMG_5126

IMG_5152

IMG_5170

IMG_5175

IMG_5186

IMG_5196
When she was finished, she hid them all so we could have a turn "finding" them.  Most of them were dumped in a pile by the tree.  Hopefully she gets better at hiding stuff.  If she doesn't, I guess my job will be super easy when she's a teenager.

IMG_5202


It was a beautiful day, and we enjoyed getting to spend time with people we love.  I am so thankful for a savior that was willing to give his life so that we can live this beautiful life.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment