Thursday, April 17, 2014

Kitchen Stuff

So, since I've become addicted to following "clean eaters" on instagram, I decided that I wanted to try to eat a little bit cleaner at our house.  By no means does this mean we have made the total lifestyle change, but if I can make small changes over time, maybe I will end up with some results.  In order for me to agree to do anything new, I have to make sure that it can be incorporated into our normal lifestyle.  I don't want to spend hours in the kitchen every night, and I can't in good conscience commit to something I know I will stop doing in a week.  Below are a few of the things that I have tried on my way to this goal.   If/When I make any progress, I will post some before/after photos.  :)

Easy Lunch at School:
  • One can of Starkist tuna (in water)
  • One bag of Green Giant Pasta and Vegetables in Alfredo Sauce (Steamers).
  • Total Calories: 442
I was so full, that I didn't even finish the whole thing, and I wasn't starving when I got back from school.

Untitled

Untitled


Easy Dinner:  Chicken Alfredo with Spinach & Mushrooms
  • 1 Medium Bag of Vegetable Medley of your choice
  • 1-2 pounds of chicken breast cooked and cut into strips.
  • 1 jar of Alfredo sauce (because I'm lazy)
  • Fresh Mushrooms
  • Fresh Spinach
I am not sure how many calories per serving this is, but I ate one bowl and was full for the evening.  AND there were plenty of leftovers for school.  This isn't the cleanest meal because of the store Alfredo sauce, but in my mind, it is a healthy alternative to real chicken Alfredo.  There was zero pasta in this version.

Untitled

Untitled
This photo was taken before I added the veggies.  Sorry I didn't remember to take an after photo.


Skinny Dole Whip
  • One bag of frozen pineapple chunks
  • One cup of almond milk
  • Several squirts of agave to taste (I wanted mine to be fairy sweet so I added two big squirts)
Put everything in your blender and mix it up.  Serve while it is still in a frozen ice cream like consistency.

Untitled

Untitled


Easy Breakfast:
  • 1/2 cup of Small Curd Cottage Cheese
  • 1/4 cup Dole Pineapple Chunks (withe some juice)
  • Total Calories: 175 calories
No pictures of this yet, but it's pretty self explanatory right?


I have made a few more recipes, but haven't taken any photos.  I will try to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment