Saturday, December 27, 2014

Rives Family Christmas Swap

On the fourth day of Christmas my family brought to me, four boxes full of Christmas Goodies!!  Well they weren't just for me, but I had a few of them.

On Saturday, we visited with my Dad's family, and we had our Christmas celebration with them.  Since this was not anyone's first or only Christmas celebration, and we were all a little tired, we chose to go out to eat. My grandparents love to eat at Casa Hernandez when they are in town, but we found out when we got there that they were closed all weekend.  Not to be deterred, we drove to Wharton to La Casona and enjoyed a wonderful feast fit for our spicy crowd.

When we got back to Mom's house, we started the gift swaps.  All of the little kids started us off by opening their presents.  Once they were done, the real fun could begin.  We do two white elephant gift rings.  One is a $25 gift only for the adults, and the other one is a $10 gift/gag gift that everyone participates in.  Both of these are great entertainment and not to be missed.


2015-01-11_0047

2015-01-11_0048

Emmy sure does love Papa Bo.  She sat and opened presents with him almost the whole time.

2015-01-11_0049

2015-01-11_0050

2015-01-11_0051

2015-01-11_0052

She was pretty excited about her new Cabbage Patch baby.

2015-01-11_0053

2015-01-11_0054

We had so much fun laughing and hanging out.  We stayed up WAY too late just sitting around talking.  Brittany and I sat with Papa and went on a fact finding mission to learn more about his family.  It was a great night, and it makes me grateful to know I have such an amazing support system.  Although I don't get to see my family as much as I would like to, when it counts, they are there.  In the end, I guess that is what really matters.  That and the Special K treats...those count a lot too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment