Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hollywood {My Free Trip to Los Angeles} Part 1

In my head, the musical stylings of Miley Cyrus could be heard blasting loudly. "I hopped of the plane at LAX with my dreams and a cardigan..."  Well maybe it wasn't anything quite as dramatic as that, but we were really excited when we finally go to Los Angeles.

We left El Campo around 6:00 a.m.

Untitled
Brittany came and spent the night so that Emmy would not have to get up early to go to Nana's house.  I felt pretty sad when we left her sleeping.  This was the longest we had left her!

Untitled

On the way to the airport, we saw the prettiest sunrise.

Untitled

We flew out of Hobby Airport, so we didn't have any trouble making it through security quickly.  Then we waited.  And waited.  And waited.  We definitely didn't need to get there two hours early for that flight.

Untitled

Finally we boarded the plane.  We got seats together by the window!

Untitled

Untitled There was a baby on the plane across the aisle from us, and I was reminded why I will not be taking Emmarie on a plane for a long time.  The baby was miserable, and the parents were not doing much to try to calm her down.  Brad of course managed to take a nap through it all.

Untitled

When we got to LAX, there was a car waiting to take us to our hotel in Santa Monica.

There were people in the baggage claim area giving us sidelong glances trying to make sure that we weren't someone important being picked up.  They quickly realized that we weren't. :)

Untitled

Untitled

Our driver dropped us off at the hotel, and it was even prettier than the pictures online.  It is directly across from the Santa Monica pier, so you are greeted with a beautiful picture of the beach and water from the lobby. 

They did not have a room ready for us when we got there, so they offered us an upgrade to a junior suite for $20 a night.  (The junior suites have a partial ocean view)  I, of course, took them up on the upgrade!  I took a picture from our bed and you can see into the shower.  That was one of their "cool" features that they advertise- glass showers.  (There is a privacy screen that you can have come down though if you don't want anyone looking at you.)

IMG_5569

We dropped our luggage off in our room, bought tickets for the hop-on/hop-off bus tour and made our way to the bus stop.  I knew that Saturday afternoon was really our only chance to explore Hollywood, and there were several places that I HAD TO SEE.

IMG_5608

The Starlight Tours picked us up right in front of our hotel in Santa Monica and proceeded to take us through the illustrious city of Brentwood.  They showed us several places where you can usually see stars out shopping or eating.

IMG_5580

IMG_5578

Next we drove through Beverly Hills.  I made sure to get a picture of the iconic sign...there are only five of them in the whole city.

IMG_5599

IMG_5595

After that, we drove down Rodeo Drive.  All I could think about was how much Brittany would enjoy stargazing at all of these stores.

IMG_5603

IMG_5604
IMG_5610

IMG_5609

IMG_5611

IMG_5607

IMG_5601

IMG_5621

Next we went to HOLLYWOOD!

We strolled down Hollywood Avenue and looked at all of the stars.

IMG_5635

IMG_5637


We walked around the mall at Hollywood and Highland.  From the observation deck, we had a great view of the Hollywood sign.

IMG_5641

IMG_5642

IMG_5645


BUT my favorite part was the Chinese Theater.

IMG_5648

IMG_5651

I put my hands in Shirley Temple's hand prints.  They were so tiny.

IMG_5654

IMG_5652

IMG_5670

I put my hands in Marilyn Monroe's hands as well.  Her fingers were just a hair longer than mine.

IMG_5664

IMG_5661

Bradley tested out Jack Nicholson's hand prints.

IMG_5658

And I made sure that I took a picture of the two sets of Hollywood Trios: Harry Potter & Co and the Twilight Bunch.

IMG_5655

IMG_5657
I put my hands in Reupert Grint's for my friend, Lauren.

IMG_5656

After that, we caught the first bus that we could back to Santa Monica. It was really cold outside, and I was not feeling well.

This concludes part 1 of my Los Angeles Adventure.




No comments:

Post a Comment