Tuesday, April 30, 2013

MTV Movie Awards {My Free Trip to Los Angeles} Part 3

I don't really know that I had ever watched the MTV Movie Awards.  I knew about them and that they had "different" kinds of awards, but I am not really sure that I ever really sat down and watched an awards show. So, you can imagine my surprise as the awards show unfolded in front of my eyes. But I am getting ahead of myself, so let me start at the beginning.
I was still not feeling well when we got back from the beach around lunch time, so I decided to take a little nap hoping it would lift my weary spirits (because I am nothing if not slightly melodramatic when I am sick).  This "little nap" turned into a three hour snooze fest.  Brad had to literally get in my face and tell me that I would never be ready in time if I didn't get up.  I still tried to bargain with him in semi-consciousness and explain away his reason that it was imperative that I get my butt out of bed.

When I finally woke up, you can imagine my horror when I discovered that there was something wrong with my Chi hair straightener.

It would not come on no matter what plug I used.  I even had the hotel "engineer" come up and check the plugs.  They worked.  It was my beloved straightener that wasn't working. 

Bradley finally got it to come on if he held the cord in a certain place, so I tried the best that I could do dismiss the frizz that I had brought on myself with our jaunt out in the ocean breeze that morning.  It turned out okay...but I wasn't really happy.  After that, I sat down to put on my makeup, but all I wanted to do was go back to sleep.  I even told Brad that maybe he had better go to the awards without me.  He gave me a decided "NO" on that one.

I finally managed to get myself together enough to put on make-up and get dressed.

Untitled

Here are a few pictures of us, all GLAMed up for the event.  At least as glam as I was going to get feeling so sick. 

IMG_5701

IMG_5705

IMG_5709

IMG_5706

IMG_5703

We met our group of winners from other states in the lobby and drove to the Sony Theater on a party bus.


Untitled

When we got there, we were in the last of the people to get off the bus, so we were last to get our tickets.  This turned out to be a major bonus for us.  Our seats were in the fourth row of the risers on the side closest to the stage.  Our group only had six seats on that row...everyone else ended up around 10 rows further up. BAM! Courtesy wins again!

Untitled

Untitled

Once inside, we went through security, and then made our way to our seats. It's a good thing that we hurried too.  Once we got inside, we only had an hour and twenty-five minutes to spare before the show started.

Untitled

While we were waiting, we took some pictures with the stage in the background.  (Even though we had been warned that no cameras were allowed...In the words of Matthew McConaughey, "I see a lot of lawbreakers in the crowd tonight" so we jumped on the bandwagon too.)

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

But start it finally did, and it was awesome!

Rebel Wilson came out and sang a song with the other members of Pitch Perfect.  I loved it.  She told lots of jokes and had the whole crowd going the entire time.

Untitled

There were lots of other cool celebrities that spoke and got awards: Adam Sandler, Emma Watson, Chris Rock, Samuel L. Jackson, Jamie Foxx, BRAD PITT, the guys from Avengers, and many many more.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

One of my favorite parts of the whole show was definitely the sneak peak of the new Hunger Games movie.  You could feel the excitement and anticipations run through the crowd when the giant Mockingjay pin that they had on the stage ignited.  Then they introduced the clip, and I got to see all of the Hunger Games glory on two IMAX sized screens.  It. Was. Awesome.

Untitled

The only downside of the entire evening was the fact that there was a vent above us raining down hurricane level "winds" aka air conditioning.  I was beyond thankful that I had decided to wear that blazer.

Untitled

After the event, we went back to the hotel.  I was still feeling okay so we decided to go out and explore the Promenade (an outdoor mall area) that was a couple of blocks from our hotel.  We walked around and looked at all of the stores that they had and tried to find somewhere to eat.

After searching out all of our options, we chose a hole in the wall pizza place.  They had all of these really cool pizzas by the slice.  I got one that had Gouda cheese and spinach. I could only eat part of it, and I knew it would probably make me sick BUT I HAD TO HAVE IT!

Untitled

Untitled

All in all, it was a fantastic evening, and I really enjoyed everything that we got to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment