Friday, August 2, 2013

Fashion Diva

Emmy I didn't leave our house for TWO WHOLE DAYS.  We didn't go to the grocery store.  We didn't play on the trampoline.  We didn't go visit the new puppies at Nana's house.  We stayed at our house. Indoors.  On Wednesday we were waiting for the DirectTV people to come.  They were supposed to be here between 12:00 & 4:00.  They got here at 5:45, and I sure wasn't going to leave them here alone, so indoors we stayed.  --They also didn't finish until after 8:30

On Thursday, my little diva watched TV in her pjs and played with dolls while I sat in on  an online photography seminar on CreativeLive.  It was amazing!

Thursday afternoon, my dad called and said that he wanted all of us to go with him to Kemah to eat with my Uncle Ben before he went back to Washinton.  So...I guess that meant that we had to get dressed for the day.

So at 5:00 (p.m.) I started getting Emmy ready.  I grabbed a little sundress that would be cute but comfortable for the 1.5 hour trip.  It was, in my opinion, a cute dress.

I got her diaper changed and put the matching panties on, and it was time to put on the dress.  Emmarie looked at the dress, and here is where things got interesting.

Me: Emmy, let's put on your dress.
Emmy: I don't want to wear that dress.  I hate that dress.
Me: WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HATE THIS DRESS?!?  I don't think you have ever even worn it. 
Emmy: (looks at me sullenly)
Me: You ARE going to wear this dress.
Emmy: (in an off-handed manner) Oh, okay.

I am practicing deep breathing techniques while writing this because it already gives me hives thinking about what she will be like at 16.

Here is a picture of the dress that offended the sensibilities of little miss. :)

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment