Monday, November 18, 2013

Downtown Disney Adventures

Part of my research before our trip to Disney World led me to this post.  In it, I got the idea of buying/building these amazing Mr. Potato Heads for some of our special friends back home.

We headed straight for Once Upon A Toy.  This is probably the coolest toy store that I have ever been into.  If Brad had not been with me, I probably would have come with many more souvenirs.


IMG_4881

Part of the potato head station.

IMG_4864

When I began collecting pieces for all of the potato heads that we were buying, it quickly became a bigger undertaking than I could have realized.  A sweet cast member, Lisa, quickly took sympathy on me, and she asked if she could help me gather, sort, and pack our potatoes.

IMG_4861

IMG_4862

I love a good puzzle, but there is no way that I could have been 1/10 as good at packing that container as Lisa was.  She knew exactly which pieces needed to go in and where everything would fit.

IMG_4866

IMG_4867

IMG_4869

IMG_4872

Emmy was a little over the process after about twenty minutes, but she was really ticked when I told her that she couldn't play with the potato heads yet.

IMG_4873

IMG_4876

Papa, Brad, and Emmy perked up enough to take a photo with the giant Mr. Potato Head outside.

IMG_4879

We headed over to guest relations, so that I could tell them how pleased we were with the service that Lisa gave us.  Then we made a stop at Pin Traders so that we could find a small pin set for Emmy.

IMG_4884

IMG_4885

Once Papa started looking at all of the pins, the "small" pin set turned into a much larger endeavor than any of us had pictured.

IMG_4886

Then we took Papa to see the Lego store, and he found a long lost cousin.  Can't you see the family resemblance?

IMG_4887

Brad got crafty at the Lego station and made this little guy.  I sure married the right guy.

IMG_4889

We had a great evening strolling along looking in shops and sampling some of their wares.   It was exactly the restful evening that we needed before our second day at Magic Kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment